security bug in ISC sysv386. here's a quick fix.

Kenneth Herron kherron at ms.uky.edu
Thu Feb 14 03:37:15 AEST 1991

weave at chopin.udel.edu (Ken Weaverling) writes:

>># /etc/conf/bin/idtune UAREARW 0

>This bug is also present on AT&T SYSV/386 and that tunable param ain't
>defined on my box. I called my vendor today. They are *working* on it....

Confirmed.  The bug exists on Sysv 386 3.2.1, and there's no parameter
by that name.  The good news is that the program dumps core under
Sysv/386 4.0, without changing anything.
--
Kenneth Herron                                            kherron at ms.uky.edu
University of Kentucky                                        (606) 257-2975