Adding second HD under ISC 2.0.2

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Fri Feb 15 00:41:20 AEST 1991

alexb at cfctech.cfc.com (Alex Beylin) writes:

>That won't work even with ISC 2.2. As specified in the manual (and tried),
>MFM must be the primary controller.  There is a possibility of adding
>the MFM controller after the system is loaded, but no-one that I know of have
>tried that yet.

we at one time were booting off a 1542A (SCSI) and had a 2372B (RLL) installed
as the secondary controller (secondary addressing, secondary interrupts - and
floppy controller disabled by cutting traces).   We had to change some of the
addressing in /etc/conf/sdevices.d to match what we had done - but it is
possible with a little work (we did this only once with 2.02 about 14 months
ago)..

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator