FAS 2.08 space-c1-3 question

John C. Archambeau jca at pnet01.cts.com
Tue Feb 19 03:36:18 AEST 1991

gomez at enuxha.eas.asu.edu (Jose L. Gomez-Rubio) writes:
>I have a COM3-4 board that uses INT/IRQ 2 & 5.  I have a Logitech bus mouse
>using INT 5.  Can COM3 and bus mouse co-exist?  It is mentioned that
>I may need to "or" HAS_FIFO macro.  If not possible, I can use COM4 at INT 2.
>Anyone know the value I replace for fas_vec array value 0x9?  I would
>prefer that I use all COM1-4 ports.  All UARTs are NS16550AFN.

Yes, COM3 and the bus mouse can co-exist.  Just put COM3 at IRQ 2 or 5 and put
the bus mouse at the remaining IRQ.  Getting COM4 up will be a major feat
though since all of your IRQs (2 through 7) will be used.  But COM3 and the
bus mouse is no problem.  Just make the appropriate change(s) in your space.c
file.

     // JCA

 /*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | What to buy?
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca at nosc.mil     | EISA or MCA?
 ** INTERNET: jca at pnet01.cts.com            | When will the bus wars end?
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca