SVR4: Intel yields to Interactive!

David S. Herron david at twg.com
Thu Feb 7 08:22:23 AEST 1991

In article <1O49NA at xds13.ferranti.com> peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>OK, where does this leave existing Intel V.3 customers, particularly those
>of us dependent on Intel applications (PL/M development tools, OpenNET)?
>We were planning on upgrading to V.4 at some point. Looks like that's on
>indefinite hold.

Well.. I just got a note from Intel saying that they are "ramping-down"
their production of SysVr3.2.  Software support contracts for r3.2 would
not be renewable after April 30, and that we have a special upgrade
price of $399 good until r4.0.

hmmm..

So if they're asking for customers for r4.0 then I don't understand
why we're supposed to shift to Interactive's r4.0?

--
<- David Herron, an MMDF & WIN/MHS guy, <david at twg.com>
<- Formerly: David Herron -- NonResident E-Mail Hack <david at ms.uky.edu>