Equinox and HFC

Grant DeLorean grant at bluemoon.uucp
Sat Feb 23 03:51:40 AEST 1991

jim at lambda.com (Jim Dixon) writes:

>I can't tell you how incredibly FRUSTRATED I am regarding the issue
>of Hardware flow control on the Megaport 24 card running under Interactive.
>I fully understand the issues of the "unusual" connections when you
>use the "Full modem control" hardware option. No matter how many times

 I was having somewhat similar problems with another card, with actually
some worse ones thrown in. I was using a Connect Tech Intellicon
device. Avoid these guys at all costs unless you only run QNX and will
never run anything else. Their UNIX driver is rotten, and they refuse to
fix it even when I give them exactly where their problems are. They also
won't give the technical detail required to write my own damn driver.
The cable needed to get the ports off the card only carries 7 pins
through anyway. Bleah. :-{

 However...  I have switched to a DigiBoard, and it is well worth
every penny and then some. We have hardware flow control (which can
be disabled if you wish, but the default is you get the control)
and the driver works flawlessly. And Digiboard knows what support is.
The techs are fast, courteous, knowledgeable with the product, treat
the customer as an intelligent human being, and actually are helpful.
On top of this outstanding support offered, the boards are high
quality and very effective. The current drivers are always downloadable
from their free support BBS, even on the first call. I can not say
enough good things about Digi International. :-)

 It is good to be able to give a glowing good report on a company
and product here, with the Megaport and FP hole complaints going on
this has gotten to be a pretty dark newsgroup...
--
 Grant DeLorean  (grant at bluemoon)    {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!grant