VP/IX and TRANSPUTERS

NN1 at awiwuw11.wu-wien.ac.at NN1 at awiwuw11.wu-wien.ac.at
Wed Feb 6 15:19:10 AEST 1991

We have recently installed Interactive Unix 2.2 on our PCs that are
all equipped with B004 compatible transputer boards. One of our
system gurus has written a device driver for these boards such that
we can access these boards from UNIX.

However, we have lots of DOS-based transputer software and would like
to run this software from the VP/IX environment. From the manuals,
we conclude that there are two ways to access non-standard hardware
devices from VP/IX: either by configuring them as DDA devices or by
providing an IEM interface module.A first attempt to configure the
boards as DDA failed.

Now, my question: is there anybody out there who has already been
successful (or failed) to run transputer software from VP/IX?

Please do NOT answer with REPLY but send any comments directly to the
bitnet address

                     K315640 @ AEARN

Thank you in advance,
Wolfgang Schreiner