SECURITY BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX SYSV386

Christoph Splittgerber chris at alderan.uucp
Wed Feb 13 21:21:57 AEST 1991

In article <KR3NBQQ at dobag.in-berlin.de> lumpi at dobag.in-berlin.de (Joern Lubkoll) writes:
>it seems that your very cute interactive unix System has a nice bug !

Oh my god - its really true. (on my ISC 2.0.2 *with* co-proc.)

While we've all been discussing security holes in the file-system and
talked about SUID and SGID and all that stuff there is a way to break
everything and it's so goddam easy that it's hard to believe it.
It's not a security hole, it's a SECURITY ABYSS.

I don't like ISC's upgrate provision clauses and I don't wana pay for this
bugfix.

So what to do now ? .....  -:(  -:(  -:(

Hey you people at ISC, what's up ?

--
Replies-To:  chris at alderan.uucp        UUCP: uunet!mcsun!unido!alderan!chris