FAS 2.08 async driver, part 1/4

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 03:55:51 AEST 1991

gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de (Uwe Doering) writes:

> X     The current driver supports NS16450, NS16550A,
> X     um82450 and i82510. 8250 chips are not supported due to various
> X     bugs and speed problems in these parts.

What kind of "not supported" status does the 8250 have ?  Will it still
work at low speeds, such as 1200/2400 or will FAS simply refuse to work ?

I ask because sometimes it is not possible to replace the 8250 without
killing the warranty on an internal modem.  Does this mean that I
cannot use FAS with a system that has such a modem ?

Thanks.
--
Ronald Khoo <ronald at robobar.co.uk> +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)