Help with sc stability (P.S. I'm on ODT but I dont think it matters)

Steven W Orr steveo at world.std.com
Sat Feb 23 15:21:36 AEST 1991

I have just started to get familiar with Gosling's sc spreadsheet. I
am running what I believe is the latest version: i.e. 6.8.

It seems to bomb out after a max of just a few minutes of entering
data, and I was wondering if this is normal behavior or if I am doing
something wrong. It seems to crap out with either a SIGSEGV or in the
xfree routine in xmalloc.c.

In the meantime, I added a call to dump_me to the fatal() routine and
    (void) signal(SIGSEGV, dump_me);
to the signals routine in sc.c, just to keep me from going backwards.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Please
email. I'll respond to all queries and post if it is appropriate.

Thanks in advance.
--
----------Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.------------------
Steven W. Orr      steveo at world.std.com     uunet!world!steveo