SECURITY BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX SYSV386

Ken Weaverling weave at chopin.udel.edu
Sun Feb 17 04:00:19 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb15.234035.8378 at unixland.uucp> bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:
>In article <16434 at chopin.udel.edu> weave at chopin.udel.edu (Ken Weaverling) writes:
>>
>>That would have the same shock value for sysadmins, then I could do
>>*something* to buy myself *some* time like make user.h 600 or make it
>
>Are you suggesting that making user.h is a "work-around" for the problem?

No. Obviously they could probably get the file elsewhere, but it might
slow them down until I can get a fix from my vendor (hopefully any day
now...).  The students on my systems that I fear are the ones that know
just enough to be dangerous.  The truly bright ones that are also
mischevious I know and already keep an eye on!