ISC & Tcsh blues (was Re: HUGE memory leak)

JedHead aschaffe at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Mon Feb 11 20:01:20 AEST 1991

So then erast1 at unix.cis.pitt.edu (Evan R Aussenberg) said..

>What about trying "man" with tcsh & isc;  I got the man
>script to run under "sh" but somehow shell variables are
>not being interpreted correctly and "man" can never find
>any entries I ask for.

I had the same problem -- it can be fixed by inserting:
#!/bin/sh
as the first line of all of your shell scripts.  (like 'man')

[Note:  This worked under ISC 2.2 -- I don't know or care about SCO.  It
 also assumes that "sh" is in /bin .. :-) ]

Allan

--
A top Mideast expert at a major American university pointed out that
there is one final chance for a diplomatic solution to the Persian Gulf