SECURITY BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX SYSV386

JedHead aschaffe at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Thu Feb 14 13:57:02 AEST 1991

So then martys at ism.isc.com announced:

>For all other users, INTERACTIVE Systems Corp. will provide a
>comprehensive fix to the problem. [...]
>      As with all INTERACTIVE bug-fix diskettes, it will be
>available free of charge through the Support department.
>
>Interactive Systems Corp.

Huge kudos going out to the person who alerted the net to the Security
Hole.. I, too, had some reservations at first about the propriety of
releasing that information "to the world", but quickly realized that it
was a sure-fire way to get a reaction from the vendors...

A 3-day cycle from the "Hey, ISC!" message to an announcement of a free
bug fix is something to be impressed with..

Allan
aschaffe at polyslo.calpoly.edu

--
A top Mideast expert at a major American university pointed out that
there is one final chance for a diplomatic solution to the Persian Gulf