X386 1.1 Problems

Brian Smith brians at eecs.cs.pdx.edu
Tue Feb 26 09:05:23 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb25.035635.5003 at coyote.datalog.com> ejm at coyote.datalog.com (E.J. McKernan) writes:
>[stuff related to v1.0 deleted]
>
>Creating TCP socket: No such file or directory
>InitOutput(pScreenInfo=0x40ae04, argc=2, argv=0x7fffff44)
>X386VTInit()
>vgaScreenInit(index=0, pScreen=0x42d400, argc=2, argv=0x7fffff44)
>bus error

Are you using a Microsoft mouse?  If so, that is your problem!  I had the
exact same bus error when using a MS mouse.  Switching to a Mouse Systems
mouse cut out the bus errors.  Try fiddling with the config settings, and
see if that doesn't reduce your bus errors.  It won't help you if you don't
have a Mouse Systems or Logitech mouse, but you will know where the problem
lies.

Brian
(brians at cs.pdx.edu)