Help: Dell SYSVR4

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Feb 11 03:20:25 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb7.222422.19476 at smsc.sony.com> tin at smsc.sony.com (Tin "Man" Le) writes:

|   There is one problem that is driving me bonker.  There is a bug in
|   the console driver (or the screen blanker).  It does not matter whether
|   I am  running X or the console is just sitting at the login prompt.
|   After some period of time (don't know how long), but the console
|   "blank" out (i.e. go dark).

  I have no ideas on that one, my X blanks nicely and comes back as
expected, which the regular console never blanks. In fact I wrote a
little command which does the blank, and I manually type blank when I'm
going away. I don't feel ready to write a good blanker yet, and I don't
want a hack.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX