SECURITY BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX SYSV386

W.c. Rothanburg wcr at tree.metrolink.com
Sun Feb 17 00:43:46 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb15.152036.17557 at cbnewsl.att.com> ry at cbnewsl.att.com (ryerson.schwark) writes:

   >The only problem with setting UAREAUS and UAREAW to zero is you
   >cannot do any floating point operations without a co-processor.
   >(I don't have a co-processor to try it with... <sigh>)
   >
   >We (at Metro Link) have found the AT&T Unix/386 appears to have the
   >same problem.  (I heard this second hand and don't know from whom.)

   Would you check which release you're running?  We've checked our 3.2
   systems and none of them have this problem, if you do, I'd like to
   hear about it.

I've heard this information second hand (unfortunately.)  It was not
a system which we run.  When we get calls about our products,
sometimes the discussions also include other topics, including
this one.  Is there a specific (older?) release that might have this
problem?

Bill

--
Who  : Metro Link, Inc.
What : X11.R4. for ISC Unix 386/ix, SCO Unix/386, and Everex ESIX
Sales: sales at metrolink.com
Email: wcr at metrolink.com
Phone: +1 305 970 7353 x927
Fax  : +1 305 970 7351