Adding a second IDE harddrive question

John C. Archambeau jca at pnet01.cts.com
Thu Feb 21 08:36:01 AEST 1991

rreiner at yunexus.YorkU.CA (Richard Reiner) writes:
>jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
>
>>It should work with no problem.  You just configure the second drive as a
>>slave drive and make sure the one you want to boot from is configured as a
>>master drive in a dual hard drive configuration.  If your dealer won't help
>>you, I'm sure that the hard drive manufacturer will.
>
>What about the cable?  Is it just a straight daisy chain, or does the
>second connector get a twist?  If so, which leads are twisted?

Straight daisy chain.  The master/slave configuration of the drive handles the
rest.

     // JCA

 /*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | What to buy?
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca at nosc.mil     | EISA or MCA?
 ** INTERNET: jca at pnet01.cts.com            | When will the bus wars end?
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca