M4 macro processor

terry a jones jones at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Feb 1 08:44:20 AEST 1991

In article <873 at fnx.UUCP> del at fnx.UUCP (Dag Erik Lindberg) writes:

>The M4 macro processor sounds like it might work, and is available
>on both the ISC and SCO systems I have access to, but the manuals
>only seem to include information on how to run the program, and the
>pre-defined macros.  There is nothing on how to write macros for the
>thing.
>
>Any pointers?

	You want to check on prep.ai.mit.edu.  I think the GNU people have
a version of the M4 macro processor.  Check for it there.  It may do what
you want and the docs should also be included.

--
Terry Jones   				{rutgers,uunet}!acsu.buffalo.edu!jones
SUNY at Buffalo ECE Dept.		  or: rutgers!ub!jones

You are in a maze of twisty little compiler features, all different.