X11R4 problems

Mike S. Protofanousis protofan at motcid.UUCP
Sat Feb 23 04:28:26 AEST 1991

>From article <1991Feb21.183435.5623 at portia.Stanford.EDU>, by fangchin at elaine44.Stanford.EDU (Chin Fang):
>
> By the way, you don't need to have the Remote File Sharing Package installed
> to use X386 1.1.  But you will always get three *error* messages (no harm
> however).

I have now gotten X386 1.1 to work on my ESIX system.
The problem was that I was trying to run xinit from the console.
When I switched to a virtual terminal, xinit worked just fine.

Well, since I did use install.sh to install everything, I ended up
installing the RFS package.  I don't plan on using it, so is it
safe to do a sysadm rmpkg?

I still only get 1 error message:  the "Creating TCP socket: invalid argument"
What other error messages is anyone getting with ESIX?

Finally, I would like to thank all the people who made it possible for me
to get a working version of X (esp. Thomas Roell).

--
Mike Protofanousis
msp at pronet.chi.il.us
uunet!motcid!protofan