a holiday gift from Robert "wormer" Morris

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Wed Nov 9 10:28:25 AEST 1988

In article <17823 at glacier.STANFORD.EDU> jbn at glacier.UUCP (John B. Nagle) writes:
>      This is serious.  The knowledge that this person had the opportunity to
>tamper with the master source code for UNIX is very worrisome.  A major
>examination of all AT&T-provided security related code is in order.

Not just security related code - but ALL code.

A trojan horse in awk or sed would be just as deadly.  I'm casting my vote
with some other poster who suggested taking a fine toothed comb to all the
UUCP code.

Meanwhile, I'm working on a replacement login so I can have a shadow password
file on this machine.
--
John F. Haugh II                        +----Make believe quote of the week----
VoiceNet: (214) 250-3311   Data: -6272  | Nancy Reagan on Artifical Trish: