Fun with *

Obnoxious Math Grad Student weemba at garnet.berkeley.edu
Sat Nov 19 20:13:40 AEST 1988

In article <564 at comdesign.CDI.COM>, pst at canary (Paul Traina) writes:
>However, 'rm -f * .o' means do it, yes I mean it, don't ask stupid
>questions.  I would use it in a shell script no doubt.  Now of course,
>it's pretty unlikely that's what I meant.

And while you're at it, don't forget the problem of the lexicograph-
ically first file being named "-f".

You know.  That could make for a cutesy pie variant of the Morris worm.
Just deposit "innocent" files named "-x" for various values of `x' in
random directories.  Confuse and annoy the hell out of people for a few
minutes whenever they type * as part of a command.

This game won't work with "<name" and ">name" though.  Awwww.

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720