Implications of recent virus (Trojan Horse) attack

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.UUCP
Thu Nov 10 22:11:46 AEST 1988

In article <8845 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
>The technical problems that were exploited were mostly sloppiness that
>nobody had reviewed and corrected in time.  We know of a few other
>similar security holes that the virus didn't try to exploit.

Well, good grief, SEND THEM TO US.  WE *WILL* FIX THEM.  This is a
large part of what comp.bugs.4bsd.ucb-fixes is about.  (Or do you mean
that they are fixed in 4.3tahoe but not other 4BSD-derived systems?)

>Try the following on your favorite remote 4BSD-based system:
>	rlogin host -l ''

I get:

	`Password:'

Obviously this one has been fixed in 4.3tahoe.