a holiday gift from Robert "wormer" Morris

John B. Nagle jbn at glacier.STANFORD.EDU
Wed Nov 9 01:56:40 AEST 1988

>According to press reports, RM spent his summers working at AT&T
>on "Unix Communications Software Security". Anyone with a source
>license check to see if he slipped a trojan horse into uucico
>or uuxqt or something?

      This is serious.  The knowledge that this person had the opportunity to
tamper with the master source code for UNIX is very worrisome.  A major
examination of all AT&T-provided security related code is in order.

      We may not be at the end of this yet.

					John Nagle