ASCII

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Tue Nov 1 06:51:08 AEST 1988

In article <356 at auspex.UUCP> guy at auspex.UUCP (Guy Harris) writes:
>>  I think Henry's right. There is no newline in ASCII,
>
>Well, I don't have ANSI X3.4-1977 handy to check what Line Feed really
>means in the original spec for ASCII...

"New Line" is explicitly specified as an alternate interpretation of
"Line Feed", to be used if and only if both ends of the communication
agree on it.
--
The dream *IS* alive...         |    Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
but not at NASA.                |uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu