fixing rm * (was: Worm/Passwords)

Obnoxious Math Grad Student weemba at garnet.berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 16 20:35:33 AEST 1988

In article <794 at tank.uchicago.edu>, matt at oddjob (Matt Crawford) writes:
>In article <1232 at atari.UUCP>, achar at atari (Alan Char) writes:
>) For example, I would REALLY appreciate in csh a variable
>) 	set expandcheck=5
>) So that if some shell expansion expanded to more than 5 things, it would
>) prompt for confirmation.  Comments on this idea?

>This sounds much, MUCH better than changing any other system program in
>any way.

And while whosoever is at it, how about a histnoclobber variable?  The
only time I've regretted having noclobber unset was the time that I had
an unintended invocation of a clobbering command via history.

Any other goodies like this for the merely mildly clumsy/paranoid?

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720