various worm questions

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.COM
Fri Nov 11 17:30:10 AEST 1988

Hi folks,

     I've a couple of worm questions.  First, we all know that a
bug in the program caused it to propagate wildly.  Does anybody
know what the bug was?  No source code, just a general idea....

     Second, if Mr. Morris had decided to hide himself, and
assuming nobody stumbled across his files on his home machine, is
there any chance that this whole thing could have gone one
without a clue as to where it came?  How would you IP wizards
track this down had it been necessary?

     Steve

--
Steve Friedl    V-Systems, Inc.  +1 714 545 6442    3B2-kind-of-guy
friedl at vsi.com     {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl    attmail!vsi!friedl