Worm/Passwords

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Tue Nov 22 01:13:49 AEST 1988

In article <10 at herron.uucp>, jbrown at herron.uucp (Jordan Brown) writes:
> jbayer at ispi.UUCP writes:
> > It is possible to adopt a single system, if that system is random.  For
> > example, I have included below a random password generating program, ...
>
> Somebody go by this fellow's office and look at all the desk blotters and
> scraps of paper to find written-down passwords.  Then log in and mail him
> a note to go watch War Games.

(mild flame)

Mr. Brown,
	Instead of being critical without offering suggestions, why don't you
shut up?  The program I posted was an example.  We don't use it here because
we are too small.  I have seen other critisisms of my program, but they
were constructive in that they were pointing out problems with it.  I challenge
you to develop a program which will create random passwords which will be
easy to remember.  The challenge includes posting it to the net in less than
200 lines.  If you do this then you will have contributed something worthy to
the net instead of useless abuse.

(flame off)

Jonathan Bayer
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.