Multi tape formats

Dave Horsfall dave at stcns3.stc.oz
Tue Nov 1 15:04:53 AEST 1988

In article <3558 at phri.UUCP> roy at phri.UUCP (Roy Smith) writes:
| andrew at frip.gwd.tek.com (Andrew Klossner) writes:
| > Or the world of Unix, where we've seen tp, tar, and cpio.
|
| 	Not to mention dump, in its various incarnations.  Granted, dump is
| not really meant for file transfer like tar et al. are, but system software
| is often distributed that way.

Not to mention VOLCOPY and DD ...  Ok, they're not "formats", but a lot
of system distributions come that way as well.

What's that up to - 5 formats now?  And no doubt various proprietary
products.  Wonderful things, standards.

Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU),  Alcatel-STC Australia,  dave at stcns3.stc.oz
dave%stcns3.stc.oz.AU at uunet.UU.NET,  ...munnari!stcns3.stc.oz.AU!dave
    PCs haven't changed computing history - merely repeated it