Implement a Remote Fork facility

Anthony Mutiso anthony at alberta.UUCP
Sun Nov 6 06:49:11 AEST 1988

In article <2163 at cuuxb.ATT.COM>, dlm at cuuxb.ATT.COM (Dennis L. Mumaugh) writes:
> In article <1777 at pembina.UUCP> anthony at alberta.UUCP (Anthony Mutiso) writes:
>
> > MY PROBLEM:  How does one copy  a  active  process  execution
> > image, and restart it else where jumping to same location the
> > parent process is at.
>
> [ This is refer format ].
>
> %A D. H. Lawrie > %A J. M. Randal > %A R. R. Barton
> %T Experiments with Automatic File Migration
> %J COMP > %I University of Illinois > %D 1982 > %P 45-55

(1) How would one go about converting a core image to a a.out object.

(2) All the data in the new a.out is initialized to the values present
in the core image at the time it was made.

(3) Have the program entry point somewhere in the program other than
in the main function, "the process contiunes as if it always exsisted".
of course some type of inti function will have to open all the former
process files and wind then up to the correct locations.

Hints, ideas anything.

Anthony Mutiso			anthony at alberta.UUCP