Help, please, with pseudo tty

Charles Lambert cl at datlog.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 22:04:00 AEST 1988

I'm struggling with my first attempt to use a pseudo-tty on AIX 2.2.

What I want is a daemon that opens the controller side then waits forever,
processing data as and when something writes to the server side. Processes
may come and go on the server side but the daemon goes on forever.

I've got the controller side open; now, how do I get the deamon to hang
pending a write to the server side?  I can't find any explanation of how
reads are satisfied on the controller side.

Charlie		cl at datlog.co.uk