RPCGEN and Remote Procedure Programming

Bobby Krupczak rdk at manatee.cis.ufl.edu
Wed Nov 23 04:22:04 AEST 1988

Hi!

I am doing a project for school involving RPCGEN, Sun's remote procedure
call program compiler.  I am currently using version 3.5.  The latest
version of the Documenation is Revision A of 9 May, 1988.  My problem
is that Sun's documentation does not match the RPCGEN version that I have.

Their are several problems : first, the docs I have refer to a function
called clnt_create.  The function is supposed to set up or create
the client handle to the server.  This function does not seem to exist
when I compile the program.  When I substituted this function with
clnttcp_create(), it compiled but then proceeded to crash.

I was hoping to get assistance from anyone that : has experience using
RPCGEN, anyone who write remote procedure calls, or anyone that might
know where and how to get better, more accurate information.

Thanks

Bobby Krupczak
rdk at beach.cis.ufl.edu