Shared memory

Tom Albrecht tom at dvnspc1.UUCP
Wed Nov 23 07:57:23 AEST 1988

In article <22739 at cci632.UUCP>, rrw at cci632.UUCP (Rick Wessman) writes:
> Does anyone know if non-swappable shared memory is supported by
> System V? I need to know because some of our applications developers
> want it. Our sister division in California supports it, but I cannot
> find documentation for it in the SVID.
>
> I would appreciate it if someone would point me in the right
> direction.

In V.3 with shmctl, you can specify the SHM_LOCK cmd which locks the shared
segment in memory.  Documentation says that it can only be executed by
a process that has an effective user ID equal to super user.

SHM_UNLOCK is also available.

--
Tom Albrecht
Unisys			UUCP: {sdcrdcf|psuvax1}!burdvax!dvnspc1!tom