Lint libraries

Duncan Fullerton duncan at miclon.UUCP
Sat Nov 26 02:58:19 AEST 1988

Can anybody shed some light on a trivial, but irritating problem. When
lint reports an error, its output is something like:

    time value declared inconsistently llib-lc(498) :: bar.c(944)

When I create a lintlibrary from a stub file I get something like:

    doit, arg. 4 used inconsistently llib-lx:stub.c(21) :: bar.c(468)

I'd like to get our stuff to look like the lint libraries if at all
possible. In otherwords to output something like:

    doit, arg. 4 used inconsistently llib-lx(21) :: bar.c(468)

One way to do this might be to persuade lint to create the library
without specifying an input file name - how is this done ? Or
does lint understand 'standard' C libraries, and make adjustments?

I get the same results on SunOS3, SunOS4, and Ultrix.

Please mail me at duncan at uk.co.mic.lon if you know something I don't -
highly likely!

Thanks in advance.

				Duncan Fullerton, Micrognosis London