Autologout of unused terminals

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at dasys1.UUCP
Fri Nov 25 02:18:43 AEST 1988

In article <201.nlunix6 at orcenl.uucp> bengsig at orcenl.uucp (Bjorn Engsig) writes:
>Is there any way to see if a terminal has not been used for some time,
>and if it hasn't, to send a hangup to the processes there?

Xenix for the Tandy 6000 series, which is a composite product of
Microsoft, Tandy, and SCO, has a program called /usr/lib/idle, designed to
be run by cron (reading settings in /etc/default/idle) to "log idle users off".

This program was written by Tandy, and I doubt if they'll release source.
Try putting a note in comp.sys.tandy, it is monitored by some of the
techies at Tandy headquarters.
--
Jean-Pierre Radley		Honi soit		jpr at dasys1.UUCP
New York, New York		qui mal			...!hombre!jpradley!jpr