Crackers and Worms

Rahul Dhesi dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP
Sat Nov 19 02:19:32 AEST 1988

I rashly said

     But at's jobs to be executed are owned by daemon,

and they won't let me hear the end of it.

In article <6491 at csli.STANFORD.EDU> wagner at arisia.xerox.com (Juergen Wagner)
writes:
>All the "at"s I have tried execute jobs under the user's uid, not as daemon.

The trouble is that once you are daemon, you can queue an "at" job to
be executed as root.

As for the question "does anybody use at?", the answer is Yes.  I use
it to queue postings for comp.binaries.ibm.pc, and others here use it
for things like queuing UNIX <--> VMS file transfers etc. for early
morning hours.
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!dhesi