rtm and uucp

terryl at tekcrl.CRL.TEK.COM terryl at tekcrl.CRL.TEK.COM
Thu Nov 17 04:01:35 AEST 1988

In article <1988Nov15.180821.20324 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>In article <90 at lazlo.UUCP> ccs at lazlo.UUCP (Clifford C. Skolnick) writes:
>>What evidence do you have that college students are evil programmers
>>whos code should be verified?  It does not take a college student to place
>>a section of unathorized code into a program...
>
>The problem with college students is not that they are evil crackers, but
>that college software quality control is not the best, to put it mildly.
>Colleges are organized to produce ideas and degrees, not high-quality
>software.  It shows.  The popular software distribution from a certain
>university in southern California is a good example of interesting ideas
>often marred by first-cut [i.e. poorly thought out, messy, sometimes
>incomplete] designs and implementations.

     Careful, Henry. I know which college you're talking about, and believe
me, it's not in southern California; in fact, you'll probably incur the wrath
of MANY people by inadvertantly moving it from northern CA to southern CA.

     You see, there's this great disdain between the people of northern CA
and southern CA, and they like to mention that fact as much as possible!!!

     (Lest anyone get the wrong idea (and for you people who couldn't spot
sarcasm if it bit you on the nose and said "This is sarcasm), insert MANY

Boy
Do
Hate
Inews