fixing rm * (was: Worm/Passwords)

Boyd Roberts boyd at necisa.necisa.oz
Mon Nov 21 10:31:30 AEST 1988

In article <564 at comdesign.CDI.COM> pst at canary.cdi.com (Paul Traina) writes:

>However, 'rm -f * .o' means do it, yes I mean it, don't ask stupid questions.

Incorrect.  When I type "rm * .o" it means do it, yes I mean it, don't ask
stupid questions.  Admittedly, I'd just type "rm *".

How many more safety net arguments to we have to suffer?  There's no
way:

	set don't-do-an-incredibly-stupid-thing = 5

will ever be an appropriate solution to this (non) existant problem.

Do something stupid, pay the price.  Easy!

The next thing you'll want is VAXen like console processors where you
can go:

	>>> SET NO AXE THROUGH CPU

And a titanium cage closes around your processor.

Boyd Roberts			NEC Information Systems Australia

boyd at necisa.necisa.oz

``When the going gets wierd, the weird turn pro...''