Internet Virus: SunOS patches

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Tue Nov 15 03:25:10 AEST 1988

In article <580 at micropen> dave at micropen (David F. Carlson) writes:

| It will be a long time before we have a responsible user community.  Some
| vandals will always be around.  But we must have responsible vendors to
| make it hard on them.

  I wonder if there is some legal obligation to fix known bugs in a
piece of software you sell? Obviously if vendors were held responsible
for unknown bugs, there would be no one selling software, or the price
would be totally out of reach. But is there an obligation to fix a bug
if you know about it?
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)