What reason should /dev/kmem not be world-readable?

Dennis G. Rears FSAC drears at ardec.arpa
Wed Nov 9 16:52:42 AEST 1988

Dennis L. Mumaugh  writes:

->In fact, when Mark Kampe came to the site to install some goodies
->we  used  this marvelous program to watch his terminal session on
->other tubes.  It was better than a script program.
->
->Of course, the program to do this is classified, but the fact  it
->can be done isn't.
->

    Is it really classified?  Is so, is it Confidential, Secret, or
Top Secret?  Who was the classification authority?  I hope its not
classified.  I have a program that does it right on my VAX.  Somebody
gave me a copy a couple of years ago. A program like that is not too
difficult to write.

Dennis

		Dennis G. Rears: Computer Scientist
ARPA:	drears at ardec-ac4.arpa	UUCP:  	...!uunet!ardec-ac4.arpa!drears
AT&T:	201-724-6639		USPS:	Box 210, Wharton, NJ 07885
Work:	SMCAR-FSS-E, Bldg 94, Picatinny Ars, NJ 07806