Autologout of unused terminals

Clarence Dold cdold at starfish.Convergent.COM
Wed Nov 30 02:26:40 AEST 1988

>From article <2682 at sultra.UUCP>, by dtynan at sultra.UUCP (Der Tynan):
> All he wants is the software.  Anyway, I don't mind if you spell it out
> one more time.  I'd like to know why it is better to leave Joe User's
> account available for a passer-by, than to kill it.  A lot of UN*X sites
To back up my system, I do an su, followed by /etc/backup&, then exit.
As long as I stay logged in as a normal user, the script continues.
If I log out, the script is aborted.
I don't leave a terminal in SuperUser lying around, even running a script.
--
Clarence A Dold - cdold at starfish.Convergent.COM         (408) 434-2083
                ...pyramid!ctnews!professo!dold         MailStop 18-011