Worm/Passwords (really: rm *)

Root Boy Jim rbj at nav.icst.nbs.gov
Wed Nov 23 01:47:51 AEST 1988

? In the C-shell:

? 	% set noglob

? You will have no further problems with pesky '*' characters.  Haven't we
? solved this problem yet?  Is this is problem that needs to be solved?  Is
? this a problem at all?

Well, at least you won't have the OBVIOUS one. But I would like to
rail against some of the other csh (and sh?) braindamage. Namely,
the treatment of `nonomatch'. Unfortunately, *.z globs to itself,
rather than nothing, if no .z files exist. This is a shame, because
foreach works with an empty list, whereas in sh the command
`for i in ;do echo foo; done' does not.

BTW, you can't spell `worm' without `rm'!

? Louis A. Mamakos  WA3YMH    Internet: louie at TRANTOR.UMD.EDU
? University of Maryland, Computer Science Center - Systems Programming
? Me Gotta Go Now	<--- proposed addition to signature file

Just an innocent bystander in this case.

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	(301) 975-5688
	<rbj at nav.icst.nbs.gov> or <rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	Crackers and Worms -- Breakfast of Champions!