Here's a *BRILLIANT* password idea! (Sarcasm on)

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.UUCP
Tue Nov 29 16:50:54 AEST 1988

Well now, net folk, since we're talking about good and bad ideas for passwords,
how does this idea strike you.  (1)  Restrict all passwords to a *MAXIMUM* of
4 characters.  (2) *PROHIBIT* anything but digits from appearing in a password.

Isn't this nifty?  You're probably thinking I'm a nut case.

Well surprise:  This exact password system is ***IN USE***!!!  In (are you
ready:) ***BANKS***!!!  I am not kidding.  Do you have an Automatic Teller
Machine card?  What does your password look like?  Every time I've been given
one of those things the password was just 4 digits!!!!!!!

And we think *WE'VE* got problems!
--
 Jim Rosenberg
     CIS: 71515,124                         decvax!idis! \