source command on ksh?

Greg Onufer exodus at mfgfoc.uucp
Wed Nov 2 02:34:11 AEST 1988

>From article <17396 at adm.BRL.MIL>, by Leisner.Henr at xerox.com (Marty):
> A friend of mine is using the MKS korn shell on DOS and wanted to know:
> "How do I run a shell script in the context of the current shell?"
> On csh, the source command does exactly what we want to do.
> How do I do it on ksh?

This question really does NOT belong in this newsgroup....
try comp.unix.questions, but the answer follows anyways:

	.

Yes, a period.  Try a period followed by a space and then the filename
of the file you wish to "source".  I prefer source myself, a period
is not very self-documenting.

-greg
--
Greg Onufer   //  Focus Semiconductor  //     University of the Pacific
  exodus at cheers.uucp (daver!cheers!exodus at Sun.COM) 	415-965-0604