Cray-2 impressions

Eugene Miya eugene at ames.UUCP
Thu Oct 10 09:18:44 AEST 1985

I had call to go visit the Cray-2 downstairs.  It's tiny. It's
overwhelmed by the disk drives which surround the thing.  The
foot-print (C) takes up the space of 1 large disk drive.  We have
a beautiful blue and metal finish with clear windows showing the
fluorinert.  The console is an AT&T PC 6300.  I've run two
programs thus far for testing memory contention, but this was on
the LLNL 1 quad C-2.  Back to processing my travel forms.....

I don't think I offended any one by saying this.

>From the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:
--eugene miya
  NASA Ames Research Center
  {hplabs,ihnp4,dual,hao,decwrl,allegra}!ames!aurora!eugene
  emiya at ames-vmsb