calling non-unix systems (really tip)

Romain Kang romain at pyrnj.uucp
Wed Oct 23 11:59:55 AEST 1985

In article <5219 at amdcad.UUCP>, phil at amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) writes:
> Are there any systems which echo even when the
> data is coming in too fast?
The IBM mainframes I've dealt with handle asynchronous lines at half
duplex.  To transfer to them, you have to listen for a turnaround
character; I've never been able to do it cleanly with tip or cu.
If you must deal with them, you need special protocols like Kermit.
--

--Romain Kang, Pyramid Technology Corporation

US Mail:	900 Route 9, Woodbridge, NJ  07095
Ma Bell:	(201) 750-2626
UUCPnet:	{allegra,cmcl2,pyramid,topaz}!pyrnj!romain