Unix, Unixpeople, Usenix - from a non-compunerd's point of view...

Jeff Siegal jbs at mit-eddie.UUCP
Sat Oct 12 10:19:12 AEST 1985

In article <165 at aplvax.UUCP> ded at aplvax.UUCP (Don E. Davis) writes:

>For various reasons UNIX has gained a large following.  We probably
>could have made a better choice, but we didn't, so tough.  In fact,
>we didn't really make a choice, it just happened.  We could have done worse.

Why all of this talk in the past tense?  Is the evoluntion of an "the
O/S of choice" really over?  Even if UNIX is here to stay forever, it is
unlikely that the UNIX of several years hence will share much more with
today's UNIX than its name.

Jeff Siegal