Unify Database Problems

Jerry Lieberthal jerry at uwmcsd1.UUCP
Sat Oct 12 02:22:07 AEST 1985

>   We ran into a number of problems with Unify during a trial period as well.
>  Unfortunately (for Unify) most were different from yours.  I did have a
>  decent support person, though.
>
>   One thing that I can't understand: how can someone purchase a DBMS without
>  testing it first ???

We also ran into problems with Unify, but not during a trial period.  Actually,
there was only one candidate for a DBMS at the time (UNIFY), and the price for
a University was *appealing*, so we got it without a trial period.

In retrospect, though, it will probably serve the simplistic needs of our
users (as long as it doesn't keep on dumping core, etc.).

	- jerry     University  of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
		    Computing Services Division
		    {ihnp4, uwvax, uwmacc}!uwmcsd1!jerry
		    uwmcsd1!jerry at wisc-rsch.ARPA