WMS NEWLETTER #3

Marc Lesure system at asuvax.UUCP
Wed Oct 30 02:37:31 AEST 1985

		    WMS 1.7b NEWSLETTER #3, 10/28/85		   [net.unix]

This is a supplemental newsletter for users of the ASU Window Management System.

A new set of major updates has been posted to net.sources under the subject:
WMS NEWSLETTER #3 (MAJOR UPDATES)

These updates affect code performance and should be tended to ASAP.
The previous method of polled I/O is replaced by a synchronous interrupt
driven scheme (based on select(2)).  This results in improved performance
due to significantly reduced system loading.

Note:

These NEWSLETTERs are sequenced so that a consistent baseline may be
established for each new version.  Thus, if you receive an out-of-sequence
NEWSLETTER, then you have missed one or more.  In which case you may contact
me for such issues.  It is assumed that each local site adheres to all
released updates.  This does not necessarily preclude the use of local
modifications.  Try to maintain your own local versions in a way which allows
global modifications to be incorporated as painlessly as possible.  This may
require that a local site maintain an up to date version of "stock" (global)
releases in addition to whatever local versions may exist.

George Nelan 				UUCP:
Engineering Research Center (ERC 207)	...{ucbvax,ihnp4}!arizona!asuvax!nelan
Arizona State University		...ihnp4!noao!terak!asuvax!nelan
Tempe, Arizona, USA, 85287 		CSNET:
(602)-965-2791 				nelan at asu