[COFF] Choice of time zone (was: In Memoriam: Edsger Dijkstra, and happy birthday Jon Postel!)

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Aug 7 12:08:11 AEST 2018

On Tue, 7 Aug 2018, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

>> into account, and I try and use local time wherever possible).
>
> To further confuse the issue?  With UTC we know where we are.

No; out of respect for the people who were actually there at the time
(hence America can be a day behind).

I'll give UTC some thought (which I use for space-related stuff anyway)
but for example I have no idea which American timezone is which (I only
know British i.e. UTC and Australian).

On the other hand, I may just stop posting historical stuff completely; I
don't really care either way, and I would really like to get back to
Amateur ("ham") radio and electronics in general.

-- Dave (VK2KFU)