[COFF] Other OSes?

SPC spedraja at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 16:29:29 AEST 2018

> OK, I guess I'll be the one to start things going on the COFF list.
>
> What other features, ideas etc. were available in other operating
> systems which Unix should have picked up but didn't?

​I've been thinking about this many times in the past and I've found ever
the same problem: the framework of reference.

My choice has always been to use the timeline as the first variable; and
second, the characteristics, power and size of the hardware on which UNIX
would run.

But I think that a third variable is needed: other hardware systems with
other operating systems running.

And as a final step, a detailed list of the aspects and features os these
OS's and UNIX selecting the common features of all... or the uncommon.

Cordiales saludos / Kind Regards.

Gracias | Regards - Saludos | Greetings | Freundliche Grüße | Salutations
​
--
*Sergio Pedraja*
-----