[COFF] Other OSes?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sat Jul 7 01:42:11 AEST 2018

On 07/05/2018 03:25 PM, David wrote:
> ed is almost designed for scripting, and with vi, emacs, and other GUI
> based editors the concept of scripting the editor has died away.

I don't think I would have concluded that ed was designed for scripting
per say.  I do think it's very conducive to it.  I also think that ex
(vi(m)'s command mode is similar.

Vim also has an extensive vimscript language that I see a LOT of very
fancy things in.

I also wonder if Visual Basic Scripts (.vbs) (macros) inside of the
various Microsoft Office GUI apps might qualify here.

I think that scripts are less often used in editors than they once were.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die